Terms of Service
Terms of Service
BY ENGAGING WITH THIS WEBSITE AND/OR PURCHASING A CHANNEL (HEREINAFTER “USING THE SERVICES”), YOU ARE AGREEING TO BE BOUND BY THIS AGREEMENT. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT, PLEASE EXIT THIS SITE.
Acceptance of Terms
The site services are provided to you subject to this Terms of Services (TOS) agreement, the terms of which may, from time to time, be updated by us without notification. You can review the most up-to-date version of the TOS Agreement at any time at this website. Significant portions of this website are protected by copyright as a collective work and/or compilation, pursuant to U. S. copyright laws, international conventions, and other copyright laws. “Content” herein is defined as that which has been created by the Site owner, an individual or organization that has purchased a channel (hereinafter, “Channel owner”) or any content licensed to the Site owner or a Channel owner. You as a user of site content may only use it for your personal, non-commercial use. All content on this website is protected by copyright, and is owned or controlled by the Site owner, a Channel owner or the party credited as the provider of the content unless otherwise noted. You hereby agree to abide by any and all additional copyright notices, information, or restrictions contained in any content on this website. Where clearly indicated you may download and make one (1) copy of content for your personal, noncommercial use only, provided that you maintain all copyright and other notices contained in such content. Copying or storing of any content for other than noncommercial and personal use is expressly prohibited without the prior written permission from the copyright holder of the content. This Agreement is between you (the site user) and us (“Site owner”). Using the Site owner’s Internet Web services signifies your agreement to the site terms and conditions set forth herein. As you use specific content of our website and/or sub-domains or subdirectories (hereinafter referred to as “Channels”) you are subject to any posted guidelines, policies or rules applicable to such services, which may, from time to time, be posted at this website. All such rules, guidelines or policies are hereby incorporated herein by reference into this Agreement. The Site Owner also offers other services that are governed by different Terms & Conditions, including, but not limited to our online advertising services.
By accessing and using the services at this website you accept and agree to be bound by the terms and conditions of the TOS.
You understand this site’s reason for being is in the public interest of providing insights into overcoming obstacles to Liberty and Freedom. As such the site’s aims are consistent with those enshrined in the United Nations’ Universal Declaration of Human Rights (Article 19) and the Inter-Parliamentary Union (IPU). Both endorse the fundamental right of freedom of expression including but not limited to the freedom “to seek, receive and impart information and ideas through any media”. It may be profitable to promote a “narrative”, but public interest is not served when media is biased in favor of one political point of view. Truth seldom emerges in an environment where facts are prevented from freely flowing, unencumbered by arbitrary, capricious, or malicious banning, doxing, blocking, throttling, or deplatforming. The public’s ability to discover real facts is further hindered when censorship impacts what the people are allowed to see, hear, read or express. This is especially injurious to the public interest when the biased individual or organization is in the “news” business.
Your benefits derived from use of the site may be amplified by understanding that the sites structure was inspired by the golden age of newspaper journalism. Typically, the paper’s opinion was printed on the left-hand page and the opposing opinion usually appeared on the right-hand page. This site is a digital recreation of that structure in that those two “columns” are “Channels”. Every channel has the potential for a “pair” of channels connected by opposing opinions, i.e. a “+ Opinion Channel” and a “- Opinion Channel”. The “+ Opinion Channel” is controlled by the channel’s rightful owner or by the current Option holder of the named channel. The opposing opinion channel is controlled by someone or an organization that wishes to provide opposing opinions or points of view to those appearing in the “+OPINIONS”. For example, the Wesley Rhodes channel would be owned by Wesley or someone or some entity supportive of and authorized by Wesley Rhodes. Points of view supportive of Wesley’s would appear in the “+OPINIONS” channel. Those opinions opposed to Wesley Rhodes’s opinions would appear in the “-OPINIONS” channel.
You accept that the site’s funding model is unusual. Funds are not sought from Big Tech, Silicon Valley, Fortune 500 companies, or any major news organizations. This unique funding approach is necessary because of the other Golden Rule: He who has the gold, rules. The site’s content would risk becoming censored if its major source of funding was Silicon Valley, or the like. The Site owner generates revenue through channel sales and channel Option auctions. Any individual or organization can purchase their named channel outright but they must in fact be the rightful claimant, i.e. the individual or organization with the legal right to the named individual or organization channel. A Channel owner has the sole and unencumbered right to choose to monetize their channel content (or not). Unlike many other social media sites where the site owner reaps the financial benefits of the content created by others, the “fruits” of a Channel owner’s creations on this site belong to the Channel owner/creator. Additionally, Channel owners are free to sell, assign, lease or rent their channel at any time.
You understand any individual or organization can purchase their named channel outright but they must in fact be the rightful claimant, i.e. the individual or organization with the legal right to the named individual or organization channel. For example, only Wesley Rhodes or a Wesley Rhodes designated entity can own the Wesley Rhodes Channel. However, prior to the purchase of the Wesley Rhodes Channel by Wesley Rhodes or a Wesley Rhodes designated entity, anyone can option the Wesley Rhodes Channel. You hereby acknowledge you can also purchase an option on any channel that has not yet been purchased by the channel’s rightful owner with the understanding that you will release the channel to the individual or organization for whom the channel is named upon the rightful owner meeting the terms and conditions of said release.
You accept that all Optioned channels participate in an ongoing Named Channel Option auction until the channel is purchased by the individual or entity for whom the channel is named, i.e. the rightful channel claimant. The price at which the current named channel Option holder is willing to transfer the Option to another Option holder or sell the named channel outright to the rightful channel claimant is set by the then-current named channel Option holder. To clarify: at any time before the outright purchase of a channel by its rightful claimant, Option ownership is transferable to any new Option holder who meets the auction requirements of the then-current Option holder. The then current Option holder must sell outright the named channel to the person or entity with legal rights to the named channel under the following terms and conditions: at anytime the individual or organization for whom the channel is named may purchase the named channel outright from the then current Option holder by either paying the “Buy Now Price” of the channel (set by the then current Option holder) or by paying to the then current Option holder a three (3%) percent premium over the then current highest bid price of the named channel, whichever is lesser.
You hereby agree, you will pay liquidated damages of Five Thousand ($5,000.00) dollars per day for each day you: a) possess a channel that rightfully belongs to another which you purchased without their written authorization, and/or b) you own the Option for a channel and refuse to release the channel to the rightful owner in accordance with the terms and conditions of this agreement.
Site and Channel owners may change, suspend or discontinue any aspect of their respective sites at any time, including the availability of any website feature, database, or content. The Site owner and Channel owners may also, at their sole discretion, impose limits on certain features and services or restrict access to parts or all of the content without notice or liability.
Channel owners and all site users represent, warrant and covenant that they understand they will be subject to liquidated damages in the amount of one thousand ($1,000.00) dollars per day for each violation if they:
a) upload, post or transmit to or distribute or otherwise publish through this website any materials which (i) restrict or inhibit any other users from using and enjoying this website, (ii) are unlawful, (iii) commonly considered threatening, abusive, libelous, defamatory, obscene, vulgar, offensive, pornographic, profane, sexually explicit or indecent, (iv) purposely engage in or encourage conduct that would comprise a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability or otherwise violate law(s), (v) violate, plagiarize or infringe the rights of third parties including, without limitation, copyright, trademark, patent, rights of privacy or publicity or any other proprietary right, (vi) contain a virus or other harmful component, (vii) contain any information, software or other material of a commercial nature for which the up-loader is not duly licensed or authorized to use, (viii) contain advertising of any kind (except that which is sold to an advertiser by a Channel owner either through the Site’s Adverslide program or other Site authorized advertising source), or (ix) constitute or contain false or misleading indications of origin or statements of fact; and
(b) that you are at least eighteen (18) years old or you have parental or guardian permission to purchase a Channel and/or to use Site services.
11. Channel owners and all site users hereby agree to indemnify, defend and hold the Site owner, and all its officers, directors, owners, agents, employees, information providers, affiliates, licensors and licensees (collectively, the “Indemnified Parties”) harmless from and against any and all liability and costs incurred by the Indemnified Parties in connection with any claim arising out of any breach by a Channel owner or site user of the Agreement or the foregoing representations, warranties and covenants, including, without limitation, attorneys fees and court costs. Channel owners and all site users shall cooperate as fully as reasonably required in the defense of any claim. The Site owner reserves the right, at its own expense, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by Channel owners and site users. Channel owners and site users shall not in any event settle any matter without the written consent of the Site owner.
12. The Site owner and Channel owners have created or allowed to be created links and pointers to other World Wide Web Internet sites, resources, sponsors and advertisers. Links to and from the Site owner controlled content and Channel owner content to other third party sites, maintained by third parties, do not constitute an endorsement by the Site owner, Channel owners or any of its subsidiaries or affiliates of any third party resources or their contents.
13. The Site owner does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any advice, opinion, statement, image or other information displayed or distributed through this website or at Channel owner sites. Channel owners and all site users acknowledge that any reliance upon any such opinion, advice, statement, image, memorandum, data, or information shall be at your sole risk. The Site owner reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to correct any errors or omissions in any portion of the site under the control of the Site owner.
14. In the event you see content on this website that you feel is inappropriate please indicate as such near the content or by filling out the contact form found on the bottom of most every page of the site. Please include a link to the content in question. The Site owner is not and cannot be held responsible in those rare cases where a user may subvert the screening process and post inappropriate materials. However, this website’s users can rest assured we monitor content to the best of our ability to insure this website remains a family friendly site. Please be advised that the Site owner reserves the right at all times to disclose any information as necessary to satisfy any law, regulation or ;awful government request, or to remove any information or materials, in whole or in part, that under its sole and unencumbered discretion violate the Site TOS as described herein.
15. THIS WEBSITE, INCLUDING ALL CONTENT, SOFTWARE, FUNCTIONS, MATERIALS AND INFORMATION MADE AVAILABLE ON OR ACCESSED THROUGH THIS WEBSITE, IS PROVIDED “AS IS”. USE OF CONTENT IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE BY LAW, THE SITE OWNER, CHANNEL OWNERS, SUBSIDIARIES AND AFFILIATES THEREOF MAKE NO WARRANTIES OR REPRESENTATIONS OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER FOR THE CONTENT ON OR THE MATERIALS, INFORMATION AND FUNCTIONS MADE ACCESSIBLE BY THE SOFTWARE USED ON OR ACCESSED THROUGH THIS WEBSITE, FOR ANY PRODUCTS OR SERVICES OR HYPERTEXT LINKS TO THIRD PARTIES OR FOR ANY BREACH OF SECURITY ASSOCIATED WITH THE TRANSMISSION OF SENSITIVE INFORMATION THROUGH THIS WEBSITE OR ANY LINKED SITE. FURTHER, THE SITE OWNER AND ITS SUBSIDIARIES AND AFFILIATES DISCLAIM ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, NON-INFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. THE SITE OWNER DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE FUNCTIONS CONTAINED ON THIS WEBSITE OR ANY MATERIALS OR CONTENT CONTAINED THEREIN WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR FREE, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE IMMEDIATELY CORRECTED, OR THAT THIS WEBSITE OR THE SERVER THAT MAKES IT AVAILABLE IS FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. THE SITE OWNER AND ITS SUBSIDIARIES AND AFFILIATES SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR THE USE OF THIS WEBSITE, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE CONTENT AND ANY ERRORS CONTAINED THEREIN.
16. The Site owner does not claim ownership of content you submit or provide to this website, however, the license detailed in the next sentence remains in effect for as long as you choose to leave such content on this website and said license will terminate at the time you or the Site owner removes said content from this website. By posting messages, uploading files, inputting data or engaging in any other form of communication (individual or collective) at this website, you hereby grant to the Site owner a non-exclusive, unrestricted, royalty free, worldwide license to use, reproduce, distribute, edit, modify, adapt, copy, license, sub license, display, publicly perform, transmit, and otherwise utilize such communications, in all media now known or hereafter developed. You hereby waive all rights to any claim against the Site owner for any alleged or actual infringements of any proprietary rights, rights of privacy and publicity, moral rights, and rights of attribution in connection with such communications.
17. If you register as a member of this website and/or purchase a Channel on this website you agree that the information you provide is accurate, complete, factual and up-to-date. You further agree to promptly update your Registration Information when necessitated by changes in your information. You hereby agree that the Site owner may, at its sole discretion and without prior notice, terminate any user account, including but not limited to any associated email address and access to any and all website features and/or services for reasons, including but not limited to: falsification of Registration Information. When you register we reserve the right to deny the use of certain Usernames and/or Passwords for just cause, including but not limited to: suspicion of identity theft, infringement of copyright, patent or trademark laws, the name is already being used by another website member, the name or password is profane, vulgar or otherwise in poor taste or for any reason deemed by the Site owner to go contrary to the goal of creating a family friendly, informative internet environment. Please remember you are responsible for protecting the confidentiality of your private user information and you are solely responsible for any and all activities engaged in under your username and password. Protect these with the utmost care and do not share them with others.
18. You acknowledge that transmissions to and from this website are not confidential and your communications may be read or intercepted by others. You acknowledge that by submitting communications to the Site owner or a Channel owner, no confidential, fiduciary, and contractually implied or other relationship is created between you, the Site owner any Channel owner other than pursuant to this Agreement.
19. You acknowledge that support for this website is derived in part from the sale of Channels, advertising and promotional revenues and that the outcomes of any interactions you may have with such Channels, advertisers and/or sponsors is totally out of the control of the Site owner. Therefore you agree that the Site owner and this website are not responsible or liable in any way whatsoever for any loss or damage of any kind whatsoever incurred as a result either directly or indirectly of your interaction with one or more Channel owners, website advertisers, sponsors of Contests, Sweepstakes or Games, etc.
20. You understand that prices for products and services change on a regular basis and, while rare, it is possible a price change could be implemented after the time you place an order and before you finish checking out of the site’s shop.
21. You agree it is our right to limit quantities sold to any specific customer.
22. We reserve the right to correct typos and we trust you understand we are only human and always do our best to avoid any confusion brought on by mistakes made on our part.
23. You understand that images used on the site may not be a perfect depiction of the product or service and were selected because they were the best available at the time they were uploaded to our server. You further acknowledge that the display of any name, image or likeness of any individual or organization on the site must not be construed as an endorsement of the site by the individual or organization depicted. Nor should the presence of the same be inferred by anyone as an indication the individual depicted is currently posting content or otherwise participating at the site in any way whatsoever. Additionally, you understand it is our policy to remove or replace any name, image or likeness if requested by the person or organization depicted. Please leave a message in the Contact form on the bottom of most every page of the site if any point made in this section is applicable to you.
24. You agree that the Site owner and Channel owners may convey notices to you, including but not limited to notices about changes to the terms of this Agreement and/or specific Channel agreements, via email or other means such as regular mail, SMS, MMS, text messages, postings on this website or through means not yet created or in current use.
25. THIS AGREEMENT SHALL BE GOVERNED BY AND CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF NORTH CAROLINA, USA, WITHOUT REGARD TO CONFLICTS OF LAWS PROVISIONS. SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE JURISDICTION FOR ANY ACTION OR PROCEEDING ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO THIS AGREEMENT SHALL BE AN APPROPRIATE STATE OR FEDERAL COURT LOCATED IN THE STATE OF NORTH CAROLINA.
26. This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between the Site owner and all others. Any cause of action you may have with respect to your use of this website must be commenced within three (3) business days after the claim or cause of action arises. If for any reason a court of competent jurisdiction finds any provision of this Agreement, or portion thereof, to be unenforceable, that provision shall be enforced to the maximum extent permissible so as to affect the intent of the Agreement, and the remainder of this Agreement shall continue in full force and effect.